The essay outlines the history and reconstructs the catalogue of an as far underestimated sculpture workshop, which was instead one of the most important in Rome during the first four decades of the eighteenth century. Francesco Pincellotti (1671/1672-1749) was the greatest specialist, and almost exercised a monopoly, in carving the "scogliere" (apparently natural rocks)of the monumental Roman fountains, including the Trevi. His son Bartolomeo (1707/1708-1740) sculpted, among other works, statues for the Corsini Chapel in San Giovanni in Laterano, the Portuguese church of Mafra and the Trevi Fountain. The essay also presents newly discovered documents and architectural drawings that shed new light on buildings erected in Rome and Castel Gandolfo under the patronage of Cardinal Camillo Cybo.
File in questo prodotto:
Non ci sono file associati a questo prodotto.