Since April 1939, Pomigliano d’Arco began its transformation into industrial village with the instalment of the largest aeronautic base in southern Italy. The project, supported by the Institute for Industrial Development, has become an intervention of significant anthropic and environmental impact, thanks to the work of former Lingotto engineer, Ugo Gobbato and architect Alessandro Cairoli from the school of Milan, giving rise to the important development of an old farmstead into a factory-town: peasants from the Neapolitan hinterland and labourers from northern Italy were summoned to cohabit in the new rationalist accommodation and to work on the modern factory floors. The Second World War interrupted the fascist dream of an Alfa Romeo city, but not that of living an industrialist twist to urban-rural spaces situated along the ancient consular road of Puglia, bestowing a more equal distribution of socio-economical well-being in democratic Italy.
File in questo prodotto:
Non ci sono file associati a questo prodotto.